3 Layers! Chocolate, Vanilla and Caramel. Frozen in the centre. Make the day before so they have time to freeze! A killer dessert for any occasion 🙂
Ingredients (makes 4)
- 600ml Double cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons golden caster sugar
- 1 vanilla bean (any origin)
- A dash of Zazou vanilla extract
- 75g islands chocolate buttons finely chopped
For the caramel:
- 110g granulated sugar
- Heat the cream in a medium sized pan until it reaches boiling point.
- While its heating blend the yolks, cornflour and caster sugar in a bowl.
- Pour the hot cream in, stirring all the time with a wooden spoon and return the mixture to the saucepan.
- Heat very gently until the custard has thickened, which should only take a minute. (It shouldn’t curdle but if it does you can just whick it off the heat and it will become smooth again.)
- Pour 300ml of custard into a heatproof jug, add the vanilla extract and give it a stir.
- Stir the chopped chocolate into the remaining custard in the saucepan.
- Divide the chocolate custard between 4 Rammekins, smooth it with the back of the spoon.
- Pour the regular custard on top.
- Chill them in the fridge for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours set your grill to the highest setting, take out the creme brulees and sprinkle granulated sugar over the top of each of them, shaking a bit so that the sugar is level
- Place under the grill for 4-5mins. You want that sugar melted and to have gone a dark brown.
- Leave them to cool and then whack them in the freezer for 3 hours or longer.
- Take out just before you are about to serve.
Try making this with some bali vanilla beans