These pavlovas make a wonderful summery dessert and can be made in advance for a dinner party or BBQ. Any combination of fresh fruits works well, but we especially love this combination of roasted and fresh stone fruits with coconut crème and passionfruit for a zesty kick.
- 270g sugar
- 180g vanilla sugar
- 5g crème of tartar
- 30g cornflour
- 5g white/cider vinegar
- 1 Zazou vanilla pod, scraped
- Place the egg whites and crème of tartar into the bowl of a Kitchen Aid or electric whisk. Whisk of a medium speed until frothy, then slowly add the sugar little by little.
- Continue to whisk until a thick, glossy meringue has formed.
- Fold in the cornflour, vanilla and vinegar by hand.
- Line a tray with baking paper. Pipe meringue into rounds, approx. 10cm in diameter. Use the back of a spoon to smooth off the meringue.
- Bake in the convection oven at 110deg for 1 hour, then turn the oven off and allow to cool in oven at least 1 hour or until cooled.
Coconut cream ingredients:
- 150g coconut yoghurt
- 150g double cream
- Whisk the cream until whipped.
- Fold into the yoghurt.
Honey poached peaches:
- 4 peaches
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup water
- 1 used vanilla pod
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the stone.
- Place the honey in a saucepan, and heat on high until the honey starts to caramelise and darken.
- Carefully add the water, vanilla and peaches.
- Poach gently for 4-5 minutes or until just tender. Remove the peaches and allow to cool.
- Continue to cook the liquid until a thick syrup forms.
- Spoon the coconut crème onto the pavlovas, then garnish with sliced poached peaches, nectarines and passionfruit. Lastly, drizzle on the syrup.